Whether you wish it could be Christmas every day or just want to an excuse to eat as many mince pies as possible, there’s only one month to go before Dubai Winter Festival returns.
Words: Camille Hogg
Grinches begone; the four-day family event features everything you love about the holiday season under one roof, with food, activities, gifts and more to explore.
For the first time in its six-year history, the fair will open one day early and take over Dubai Media City Amphitheatre from the 6th-9th December.
From gingerbread house workshops to snowball fights, talent contests and – of course – a very special VIP guest in a red suit to deliver gifts to kids, it’s a real family fun fest.
So what’s new for the 2017 edition?
- On Wednesday, 6th December, grab a gang of your smartest and jolliest mates for the chance to win some festive prizes at Dubai’s biggest pub quiz
- Adults won’t want to miss the Party Garden VIP area with festive games, competitions and karaoke where you can smash those Mariah Carey high notes.
- For little kids and big ones, the snow-tubing slide awaits
- It’s not Christmas without a panto and some tunes, and this year Santa’s New Apprentice will be filling us with theatrical festive cheer
- Love your fromage? Head to this year’s special cheese corner, where you can taste and learn how to create the perfect cheese board
And that’s not all – with a real snow play zone, plus arts and crafts, a zip line, face painting and heaps more, there’s plenty to keep the little elves busy ahead of the big day.
Early bird tickets start from AED 30 for kids and AED 55 for adults – that’s a bargain even Ebenezer Scrooge would be proud of.