Frequent flyers, you know the score. Everyone else, brace yourselves if you’re travelling via Dubai Airport this weekend.
With a very long weekend coming up for Eid Al Adha, Friday (9th August) will be the busiest time for departures in DXB’s Terminal 3.
More than 100,000 passengers are expected to pass through the Emirates travel hub on that day, with peak travel starting on Thursday evening and continuing into Saturday.
Emirates is predicting 372,000 people will start their holidays from Dubai, so the airline is reminding us to arrive at the airport at least three hours before our flights depart.
You can actually check-in at the airport as early as 24 hours before you fly and we know there’s enough happening there to keep us occupied for a full day.
Checking in online opens 48 hours in advance of flight times and you can even do it from the airport’s car park, but however you do it, don’t leave it too late, or you won’t be allowed to fly.
Can’t even be bothered to carry your cases to the airport? Emirates Home Check-in service will see Emirates dispatch staff to your office or home to issue boarding passes, weigh your luggage and whisk it off to the airport.
This super-handy service costs AED 350, which includes seven pieces of luggage. There’s an extra AED 35 charge,
Here’s how all passengers can make their trip to the airport easier:
- Check which airport and terminal you are departing from/arriving into at www.dubaiairports.ae or use Dubai Airports’ smartphone app
- Arrive early – it’s best to leave a minimum of three hours for check-in and passport control
- Leave extra time for your journey to the airport as the roads can be very busy
- Check with your airline in advance for information on your baggage allowance.
- Packing liquids, aerosols and gels in your carry on? Make sure they are in a clear re-sealable plastic bag and no more than 100 millilitres in volume
- Beat the queues by checking-in online and using quick-baggage drop counters
- Remember to put anything metal – watch, jewellery, mobile phone, coins, belt – into your hand luggage well before you arrive at the X-ray machine
- Use your Emirates ID or eligible passport to speed through the airport’s Smart Gates.