Three ways to add some zing to chicken, thanks to the chefs at Kris Kros.
- 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced
- 1 packet of fajita seasoning.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 inch flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 table spoon beef bacon bits
- 1 package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the boiler. Grease a baking sheet
- Toss the chicken with the fajita seasoning, the spread onto the baking sheet, place under the grill and cook until the chicken pieces are no longer pink in the centre (about 5 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F (175 degrees C)
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in the green bell peppers, red bell peppers, onion, and chicken. Cook and stir until the vegetables have softened – about 10 minutes
- Layer half of each tortilla with the chicken and vegetable mixture, and then sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and Monterey Jack. Fold the tortillas in half and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake quesadillas in the preheated oven until the cheese have melted, about 10 minutes
Penne Alfredo with Chicken
- olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic cloves
- crushed black pepper
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions
- Meanwhile, cook chicken in butter in a large skillet until it is no longer pink. Add the cheese, cream and broth
- Cook until the cheese has melted
- Stir-fry mushrooms in olive oil, rosemary and garlic on the side. Add to the mixture
- Drain pasta, add to chicken mixture and toss to coat
- Sprinkle rosemary and crushed black pepper on top and serve hot.
- oil for deep fryer
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, cut into
- ½ inch strips
- ¼ cup hot pepper sauce
- 1 table spoon butter
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degree.
- Combine flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and paprika in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the egg and milk in a small bowl. Dip each piece of chicken in the eggs mixture, and then roll in the flour blend.
- Repeat so that each piece of chicken is double coated.
- Refrigerate, breaded chicken for 20 mins.
- Fried chicken in the hot oil, in batches. Cook until the exterior is nicely browned, and the juices run clear, 5 to 6 minutes each batch.
- Combine hot sauce and butter in a small bowl. Microwave sauce on high until melted. 20 to 30 seconds. Pour sauce over the cooked chicken mixed to coat.