Dubai, United Arab Emirates (CNN) – Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN’s Chief Medical Correspondent, recalls his childhood memories from the moment he crushed and smelled cardamom. “I made chai for my parents,” he says.
Gupta’s house is always bustling and active. He is the father of three girls and it is not easy for them to get together. But sending them this recipe saved us a rare amount of time by inhaling the aroma of making this traditional tea.
“Making chai with my daughters is a lot of fun, as well as breaking traditions and thinking about how important they are. There are a lot of things in this hot drink,” Gupta said.
Clearly, Gupta is not offering hot tea. The chai he teaches his daughters, soaked in fresh hot, strong black tea, combines with milk and cream to give this hot drink a soft, sweet final taste. Although there are many ways to make chai, the recipe used by Gupta is the recipe of his mother Tamayanti.
“Going back to Pakistan and India with my mom was very interesting and it was very interesting to see where I first learned this tradition, which is slightly different from the chai offered in these two countries. Today’s mom’s special recipe we drink. Explained.
Although the recipe is easy to implement, Gupta raises an ingredient bar that says brown sugar. “It tastes like molasses, but better,” he explained. Those who monitor sugar intake cannot add it, he said, adding that tea leaves can be used to make this drink, but conditions of strong black tea make the task easier.
- 1 tablespoon of crushed ginger
- Teaspoon of ground cardamom
- Three tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- Three tea bags, preferably strong black tea
- A cup of low-fat or low-fat milk (2/3) heavy cream (1/3)
How to prepare:
- Boil four cups of water in a bowl or small bowl. When the water is hot, add the ginger, cardamom and brown sugar (optional).
- Reduce heat until water boils with small bubbles. Add tea bags and a cup of milk with cream.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil, then turn off the heat
- Remove the tea bags and pour the tea into cups or tea containers.
“Freelance alcohol fan. Coffee maven. Musicaholic. Food junkie. Extreme web expert. Communicator.”
The King of Morocco congratulates Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed as Chief Executive of the Emirates
Al-Sisi congratulates Mohammed bin Zayed over phone on new leadership appointment in UAE
“Dubai Financial” and “Dubai Chamber” launch program to accelerate public offerings for companies.