Written by Marwa Mahmood Elias
Thursday, 09 November 2023 07:00 AM
Children sometimes suffer from a disease Abdominal pain And its burning, if the child cannot describe the pain, he will show some symptoms like not wanting to eat, and whenever he consumes a drink or food, he will feel a burning sensation in the stomach. Complaints like flatulence, indigestion and abdominal pain after eating, this is what he explained. Dr. Islam Mohammad, Neonatology and Pediatrics Specialist, Ghasr Al-Aini.
The paediatrician, continuing his speech, said that a child suffering from these stomach problems should be referred to a specialist to find out the cause of heartburn, apart from the need for the mother to monitor the frequency of her child’s bowel movements. The nature of his food and drink and describing it to the specialist, and following the main advice on feeding the child after the doctor prescribes the treatment should be followed. It is appropriate according to the age and condition of the child. Often used as a laxative, eases digestion, and relieves pain.
The most important of these tips are:
-Keep the amount of food simple and very small so that the baby does not reject it if he has heartburn.
– Make baby snacks instead of full meals on heartburn days. For example, after an hour, give him a sliced cucumber.
– Pay more attention to drinks than food on those days when you suffer from heartburn, they should be moderately warm drinks, neither cold nor hot, sugar-free.
– Be careful to reduce the amount of salt in your child’s diet.
– Avoid everything that causes heartburn and stomach pain, superfoods, junk food, spicy food, high salt food, sugary drinks, soft drinks, ready-made juices and processed meats.
– No fried food or oily food, only healthy food rich in fiber like spinach, cucumber, carrot, white rice and white pasta.
– Drink water at an even temperature, not cold.
– Do not give your child medicines for diarrhea or stomach problems without doctor’s advice.