Written by Merwat Rashad
Wednesday, October 25, 2023 at 03:00 PM
After the Ministry of Education announced the October exam schedule for all levels (primary – preparatory – secondary) for school students, Egyptian homes stepped up their preparations, preparing their children for the first monthly exam after the return to the new school year. They compete for high academic standards and in the midst of this, parents turn a blind eye. Psychological health For their children, which may affect their performance during exams, we will also give some advice to parents to improve mental health and reduce stress and tension during exams along the following lines, the “website” published. doctor.ndtv“.
Role of parents in promoting mental health during exam period:
1. Help your child develop an organized study schedule with breaks. Effective time management can reduce stress and combat procrastination..
2. Make sure your child gets enough and regular sleep as lack of sleep can lead to many problems including poor concentration..
3. Teach your son that exercise improves his physical and mental health.
4. Take a 10-15 minute break every two hours to relax your son’s mind.
5. Eat a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals, such as leafy greens, eggs, fish and nuts, as they are excellent sources of nutrients that support brain health.
6. Maintain your social support system by spending time with friends and family.
7. Teach your child that setbacks and mistakes are part of the learning process.
Mental health varies from person to person, and can be improved by taking simple steps from family members and relatives. Emphasizing mental health is important for maintaining balance and peace.