Konami Digital Entertainment BV and WayForward today announced new details about Contra: Operation Galuga, the highly anticipated action runner and shooter coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X.
The new information was revealed in a new trailer, which confirms that the list of playable characters and exciting stories will add excitement to the action-packed side-scroller of the Contra series known since the 1980s.
Based on the story and heroes of the original arcade/NES Contra game, Contra: Operation Kaluga begins after the Red Falcon gang invades the Kaluga island group with a meteor shower. After other solutions fail, the Earth Marine Corps sends its best soldiers – Bill Reiser and Lance Bean of the Contra Unit – to investigate and eliminate potential threats. As the story mode progresses, more than six awesome heroes become available to play, including:
- Bill Reiser: A field commander for the Contra Division, he possesses exceptional physical strength, agility and mental strength. Skilled in all kinds of weapons and versed in military science.
- Lance Bean: Skilled sniper in the use of machines. He served as a guerilla fighter before being recruited into the Earth Marine Corps by Bill Riser.
- Ariana: An incredibly skilled warrior from the Kaluga Islands group. After her village is completely destroyed by a Red Falcon attack, she fights as a human against the enemy forces.
- Stanley Ironside: An experienced commander commands an armored platoon in a GX army. He wears the Hercules Super Suit to enhance his combat prowess.
- Lucia: Earth is the deputy commandant of the Marine Corps and an accomplished field agent. He is equally adept at warfare and secret intelligence work.
In addition to the story mode and arcade mode, Contra: Operation Kaluga will include a challenge mode, which consists of 30 exciting and difficult missions. These missions include sprinting through levels, fighting with limited ammo, surviving against an endless amount of enemies, and more.
To help players through difficult battles, they can upgrade their skills in the Perk Shop, where they can use in-game credits (not purchased with real money) to improve character abilities, start levels with specific weapons, and increase defenses after returning to play. , and get other useful rewards. Two add-ons can be used per player.
More details about Contra: Operation Kaluga’s gameplay, characters, and story will be revealed closer to the game’s release date. For more information, visit the website Konami Follow ContraSoldier, Konami and WayForward on X, Facebook and other social media.
“Coffee evangelist. Alcohol fanatic. Hardcore creator. Infuriatingly humble zombie ninja. Writer. Introvert. Music fanatic.”