DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (CNN) — Do you have special ways to ensure the quality of honey?
The Saudi Food and Drug Authority, in a tweet on Twitter, said these individual judgments were neither proven nor based on scientific grounds.
The quality of honey can be determined by carrying out advanced laboratory analyses:
- Detection of “Hydroxymethylfurfural” content, which is an indicator of preservation and storage of honey under appropriate conditions.
- Detection of sugar content, which is an indication of adulteration in honey
- Diastase activity test.
According to the Food and Drug Administration in a tweet on “Twitter”, here are some tips when storing honey:
- Preserved in its original packaging, a glass container or a plastic container designated for food preservation
- Store in tightly closed containers at room temperature, away from direct sunlight
- Avoid storing honey in metal containers where it is exposed to oxidation
- Raw honey with pollen crystallizes faster compared to other varieties
- Avoid getting moisture into the container and use a dry spoon when extracting the honey
- There is a possibility that honey may crystallize during storage, which is not a sign of its spoilage and harmfulness.
- Once the honey has crystallized, it can be returned to the liquid state by gradually heating it in warm water.
- Avoid exposing honey to high temperatures or heating it in the microwave
- Avoid refrigerating honey to prevent hardening and difficulty pouring when using
- Low temperature during storage of honey will contribute to its crystallization
Honey is not only used to sweeten your food but also has various health benefits.
Honey has the ability to destroy bacteria. Studies have shown it to be effective against dozens of strains, including Escherichia coli (E. coli) and Salmonella.
In a study of 139 children, honey was also effective as a sore throat reliever, as compared to the popular cough suppressant “dextromethorphan” and the antihistamine “diphenhydramine,” honey was effective in relieving nighttime coughs and improving sleep.
If you are an athlete, honey can be a good addition to your diet.
Three studies conducted at the Memphis Sports Nutrition Laboratory found that honey was more effective or more efficient than glucose, or sugar and water, in improving performance in endurance sports.
“Award-winning beer geek. Extreme coffeeaholic. Introvert. Avid travel specialist. Hipster-friendly communicator.”
Through this, the movement of the atoms inside the material can be observed.. The new camera is 250 times faster than the current cameras Science
Dear fasting people, don’t make this mistake.. to get rid of headache in Ramadan
A “shocking surprise” about the temperature of Earth’s oceans