Dubai, United Arab Emirates (CNN) — Turmeric is considered one of the most important spices in Indian and Pakistani cuisine, and is an essential ingredient in the world-famous “curry” dish. But it also has many therapeutic properties due to the presence of a chemical compound called curcumin.
What do you know about him?
Historically, turmeric has been used in traditional Chinese and Indian medicine, according to the official US website “GovInfo”.
This, in turn, helps digestion and liver function, relieves joint pain, and regulates menstruation. It is applied directly to the skin to treat eczema and heal wounds.
Today, turmeric is used for heartburn, stomach ulcers and gallstones.
Add turmeric as a spice to salty and sweet foods, or drink it as a tea, mixed with honey and lemon juice and sipped with castor oil to flush out toxins from the skin.
Southwest India is considered the original home of turmeric, but it is widespread in India and Indonesia, and is internationally known as “Curcuma longa”.
Here are some benefits of turmeric:
- It is useful in treating wounds and inflammation. It increases liver function to secrete bile, stimulates bowel movements and helps dissolve the gallbladder.
- Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial, and is useful in disinfecting wounds and burns.
- Turmeric can prevent melanoma, kill skin cancer cells and reduce the risk of childhood leukemia.
- Turmeric prevents the development of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloid deposits in the brain.
- It has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
However, the United States’ official website “GovInfo” warned about one thing: people with gallbladder diseases should avoid using turmeric as a nutritional supplement, especially if it worsens their health.
As epidemics and viruses spread around the world, more and more people are interested in strengthening their immunity with various foods, drinks and vitamins.
The Egyptian Ministry of Health and Population, through its official account on the “X” site, advises people to drink a group of hot drinks that will certainly help in this task.
What are the most important?
- That ring
These drinks contribute to constant moisturizing of the mouth, as they contain antioxidants and oils that have an expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect.
“Award-winning beer geek. Extreme coffeeaholic. Introvert. Avid travel specialist. Hipster-friendly communicator.”