A puncture in the heart is dangerous and can lead to death
Is a hole in the heart dangerous and can lead to death? What are the symptoms of a heart murmur? The heart is the most important organ in the human body, although it is about the size of the palm of the hand, but it pumps blood to other parts of the body through blood vessels and arteries.
Therefore, through the Egypt Brief website, we will explain to you in detail everything that is happening around the issue of whether heart piercing is dangerous and leads to death.
Is a puncture in the heart dangerous and can lead to death?
Having a hole in the heart is one of the most serious problems that can affect a person because a hole in the heart results in the inability to pump blood as it used to.
This leads to the fact that, in addition to heart failure, which has many symptoms and types, other organs of the body do not perform their functions due to insufficient blood supply.
Doctors also answered the question whether heart puncture is dangerous and can lead to death without it, because this puncture can be treated in various ways, but the patient should try to treat this puncture as soon as possible so that it does not lead to death. .
Heart murmur symptoms
After learning the answer to the question in the previous paragraphs: Is heart perforation dangerous and can lead to death?
Symptoms of Atrial Septal Perforation
There are many children who are born with a hole in the heart in the atrial septum, in addition, the symptoms in this case never appear in the child, but these symptoms begin to appear after the child reaches puberty.
If another problem is detected, this darkening can be detected early on a chest X-ray.
We have found that the right side of the heart is larger than normal on radiographs, and after the patient reaches age fifty or older, this darkening causes a number of symptoms, including:
- A major symptom of a patient with atrial septal defect is difficulty breathing.
- One of the symptoms in a patient with a hole in the heart in the atrial septum is a feeling of exhaustion and fatigue with little effort.
- Among the most important symptoms of heart perforation in the atrial septum, which prompts the patient to think about the question of dangerous perforation of the heart and leading to death, is the defect and disorder in the heart rhythm and its irregularity.
- Because of a hole in the heart in the atrial septum, the patient experiences chest pain during physical activity such as running and inability to breathe.
- Among the possible symptoms of perforation of the atrial septum in the heart, the patient exhibits loss of consciousness and unconsciousness, along with a feeling of dizziness and nausea.
- Swelling of certain parts of the body is one of the symptoms that appear in a patient with a hole in the atrial septum in the heart, in addition to swelling and swelling of the abdomen, the patient notices swelling in the legs and feet.
- Stroke is one of the most serious symptoms experienced by a patient with an atrial septal perforation.
Symptoms of perforation of the heart in the ventricular septum
Symptoms of perforation of the heart in the ventricular septum depend on the size of the perforation, as well as the location of the perforation.
Also, this hole slows down the process of blood flow to the heart, making the heart work harder and take more effort than before, resulting in an increase in heart size, and we will explain to you through the following lines. Symptoms in a patient with a hole in the heart in the ventricular septum:
- An important symptom that leads to a hole in the heart in the ventricular septum is the accumulation of fluid in the lungs, and blood accumulates in them.
- A hole in the heart in the ventricular septum can cause leg and foot swelling, in addition to abdominal swelling.
- The patient suffers from a hole in the heart in the ventricular septum, with difficulty in breathing, feeling tired and fatigued on the slightest effort.
- Loss of appetite is one of the symptoms that appear in a patient with a hole in the heart with a ventricular septum, especially in children.
- One of the symptoms that lead to a hole in the heart in the ventricular septum is an irregular heartbeat and a defect in it.
There are some other symptoms of a hole in the heart when the size of the hole is not small, which raises the question of whether the hole in the heart is dangerous and can lead to death, and examples of these symptoms include:
- A symptom that can lead to a hole in the heart is a change in skin color, when the skin turns blue, especially around the mouth and nails.
- Facial skin color becomes pale.
- One of the most prominent symptoms of a perforated heart is pneumonia, which leads to difficulty breathing.
- Inability to gain weight, especially in children, in addition to excessive sweating.
- Palpitations and agitation.
Common Complications of Heart Perforation
In the previous paragraph, we learned about the symptoms that usually lead to a hole in the atrium and ventricle, and through the following lines we will learn about the complications of these symptoms. It revolves around the question of whether a hole in the heart is dangerous and can lead to death, and the following issues:
- A hole in the heart in the atria can lead to a stroke.
- A complication that leads to a lot of thinking about whether a heart hole is dangerous and can lead to death is weakened heart muscle and heart failure.
- Tachycardia and irregularity are the presenting symptoms in a patient with a hole in the heart.
- Pulmonary hypertension is one of the most important symptoms of heart perforation due to excess pressure in the pulmonary arteries.
Complications of ventricular perforation include:
- Cardiac arrest in the patient is a sign of ventricular perforation.
- A patient with a hole in the heart has health problems.
- Incomplete sleep is a symptom of a hole in the heart chamber seen in children.
- One of the most important symptoms resulting from a heart chamber perforation is health problems that damage the heart valve, and the question of whether the perforation is serious and can lead to death revolves around it.
- Irregularity in the rhythm of the heart and its disruption is one of the symptoms resulting from a hole in the heart.
This causes a heart murmur
There are many reasons and factors that can lead to a hole in the heart, which makes a person wonder if a hole in the heart is dangerous and can lead to death, and examples of these reasons include:
- Genetics can cause a hole in the heart, as people with Down syndrome suffer from a hole in the heart.
- Measles infection in a pregnant woman is one of the most common causes leading to a hole in the heart, and this happens if she is infected with measles during the first trimester of pregnancy. Congenital heart defects.
- Certain diseases, such as diabetes, can be infectious in a pregnant woman, which can lead to a hole in the heart of the fetus.
- Lupus is one of the factors that lead to a hole in the heart of the fetus, which leads to a lot of thinking about whether a hole in the heart is dangerous and can lead to death.
- One of the most important reasons that lead to a hole in the heart of the fetus is the excessive consumption of alcohol by a pregnant woman during pregnancy, as it leads to incomplete development of the fetus.
- A heart attack can cause a hole in anyone’s heart.
- Heart surgery is one of the causes of heart murmur.
- Accidents and severe trauma can lead to a hole in a person’s heart.
Diagnosis of heart murmur
In order for people to find out the answer to the question whether a hole in the heart is dangerous and leads to death or not, they first need to do some tests and examples that show that the person has a hole in the heart. These tests include:
1- Ultrasound examination
With ultrasound, doctors can detect whether or not a person has a hole in the heart, and ultrasound can detect blood flow to the heart.
Also, using ultrasound, the doctor can determine the location of the hole, in addition, he can determine the size of that hole.
Also, with ultrasound, doctors can detect a hole in the heart of an unborn fetus, which leads to the possibility of treating the problem and alleviating all the symptoms that lead to it.
2- Ultrasound examination of heart valves
Doctors check whether the perforation is present or not with an echocardiogram bubble test, in which the doctor injects the person intravenously with a sterile water syringe, then this water reaches the heart and ultrasound imaging shows that these bubbles appear white in water.
The doctor can monitor these bubbles and their flow between the chambers of the heart and thereby identify defects affecting the obstructions. To diagnose a hole in the heart:
- X-rays: X-rays may be used to visualize the chest.
Heart hole damage
By determining the damage caused by a hole in the heart, we can determine what happens around the answer to the question: is a hole in the heart dangerous and lead to death, and we will show you the damage caused by a hole in the heart in the following lines:
- A perforated heart can cause one side of the heart to fail.
- Stroke is one of the possible consequences of a heart attack.
- One of the most significant damages caused by heart perforation is death in some cases.
- Abnormalities caused by a heart rhythm disorder caused by a hole in the heart.
- One of the damages that can lead to a hole in the heart, and if the hole is large and untreatable, is increased arterial pressure.
- Endocarditis is one of the damages that can be caused by a hole in the heart, and this disease can cause an ulcer in the heart.
- Eisenmenger syndrome is a syndrome caused by a hole in the heart that can be harmful to health.
Heart perforation can be treated using several effective methods, and the earlier the treatment, the more effective and faster the treatment. Examples of treatment methods include:
- Waiting: If there is a hole in the heart, it can be treated by waiting and watching, because the hole is likely to heal itself without any surgical intervention, the doctor just watches and waits. In this case, there are no signs of a hole in the heart.
- Surgery: If the hole is enlarged or symptoms appear, surgery is the only treatment, as the doctor closes the hole during open heart surgery.
Additionally, the patient is completely sedated during these surgeries.
- Catheterization: This is one of the treatments that can reduce the risk of complications and treat heart perforation.
- Medicines: In some cases, doctors prescribe medicines to the patient to reduce the symptoms and complications of heart perforation.
Heart attack is one of the most serious diseases affecting children and the elderly, and the sooner it is detected, the better the patient’s condition and treatment.