If you are concerned about the dangers of using public WiFi to verify important WiFi email, bank account balance or airline ticket and passport information, a VPN can provide you with some security.
As announced by the CNET website, here are some tips to help you choose the best VPN for your device:
1. If your goal is to browse securely over public WiFi, look for a VPN service with servers located in your current country to get a faster connection.
2. Avoid free VPNs because they are rarely secure and are a way for inappropriate companies to retrieve your data.
How to set up “VPN” on Android phone
After you select the VPN you want to use, follow these steps to run it on your Android device:
1. Open the Play Store processor on your mobile phone and tap the search bar at the top of the screen.
2. Type the VPN name you want to use and select it from the list of pop-up applications. Check with the app creator to confirm that you are downloading the official processor instead of a clone. The company name must match the creator of the application. Click Install and wait for the app to download.
3. Once the VPN processor is installed, leave the Play Store and go to the home screen of your phone and open the VPN app.
4. When you first open a paid VPN application, you will be asked to provide your login information or sign up for the service. If you are asked to register with an email address (this applies to almost all services), please check your email for confirmation link from your new VPN provider.
VPN for Android devices always requires extra steps to work in the background. We do not recommend this to most users because it speeds up the device’s battery discharge.
“Award-winning beer geek. Extreme coffeeaholic. Introvert. Avid travel specialist. Hipster-friendly communicator.”
Smoking sparks a row between the Indian government, Netflix, Disney and Amazon
The jobs report added more than 700 points to the Dow Jones index
Hopes of passing a “debt ceiling” deal boost UAE stocks