Connect with us

World

Mikaty asks Kardashian to “appreciate Lebanon’s interest” and “make the right decision”.

Published

on

Mikaty asks Kardashian to "appreciate Lebanon's interest" and "make the right decision".

Last night, the National News Agency reported that Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikadin, in his call with Information Minister Jorge Kordahi, called on the United States to “take the right decision to reform Lebanon’s Arab relations, in the national interest.”
Mikati consulted with Lebanese President Michael Aun on developments.
In the wake of the actions taken by Riyadh in the wake of Lebanese Information Minister George Gordahi’s statement, Lebanon should stop all imports, summon its ambassador in Beirut for consultation and leave. Lebanese ambassador to it within 48 hours.
Mikoti asked Lebanese Foreign and Immigration Minister Abdullah Bou Hibib to stay in Beirut and join the Lebanese delegation attending the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Scotland to learn about the latest developments and developments and to establish a cell. Manage this crisis that is developing in Lebanon.
Bou Habib announced that he had taken over from Beirut with the co-ordination and consultation of President Michael Aun and Prime Minister Najib Mikati, “We believe that cell management is the key task of bridging the divide to overcome the new unfortunate controversy, because what is happening is not just a problem with Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states It is not a crisis, it can be resolved through negotiations.
He stressed that Lebanon is “very interested in opening the way for communication and integration with Saudi Arabia and its Gulf brothers, and urging us to restore better and better relations based on everything that brings us together and brings us closer.”


Follow our latest local and sports news and the latest political and economic developments via Google News

Share

Print




Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

70 percent.. comments on the Kremlin’s huge increase in defense spending

Published

on

70 percent.. comments on the Kremlin’s huge increase in defense spending

The Kremlin said on Thursday that a massive increase in defense spending planned for next year was “absolutely necessary” after a Russian Finance Ministry document released on Thursday said Moscow would increase its defense budget by about 70 percent by 2024. to pour more resources into its war on Ukraine.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said: “Since we are in a state of hybrid warfare, continuing a special military operation, it is clear that such an escalation is necessary and very necessary,” referring to Moscow’s extensive invasion of Ukraine. , “I refer to the hybrid war launched against us.” “.

Defense spending is expected to increase by more than 68 percent year-on-year to reach 10.8 trillion rubles ($111.15 billion), which is 6 percent of GDP and more than allocated spending. Social policy.

Agence France-Presse calculated that by 2024, defense spending is expected to be three times higher than spending on education, environmental protection and health care.

“The focus of economic policy is shifting from an anti-crisis agenda to promoting national development goals,” the finance ministry said in the document.

The increase in defense spending comes as the central bank warned that economic growth will slow in the second half of 2023, with inflation rising above the bank’s target of 4 percent.

It is a newspaperLe MondeAccording to the working sessions on the budget of the Russian Federation next year, Moscow is working to strengthen its financial resources, as the French previously indicated that next year’s Russian defense budget will reach 107 billion euros (over 112 billion dollars). or 6 percent. in gross domestic product.

See also  G20 summit: Why was Ukraine disappointed by the summit announcement?

The newspaper described the nearly 70 percent increase as “astounding.”

“War of priority.” 36 Trillion Ruble Budget Exposes Putin’s Plans

Russia plans to increase government spending by more than 25 percent in the next fiscal year over the current year, amid expectations that the Kremlin will raise more money to support an invasion of Ukraine by Kremlin forces, according to a report in the British newspaper “Financial Times.”

The newspaper confirmed that defense spending in the war budget for 2023 was 63 billion euros ($66 billion), or 3.9 percent of Russia’s GDP, while military spending was the same in 2021, based on figures from the Bloomberg agency. 2.7 percent of GDP.

It is a newspaperFinancial TimesA British newspaper reported last week that Russia plans to increase government spending by more than 25 percent in the next fiscal year over the current year.

The 36.6 trillion ruble ($383 billion) budget presented by Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin lists “strengthening the country’s defense capabilities” as a top priority, as well as supporting the “unification of new territories” illegally annexed last time from Ukraine. year.

The plans also highlight “social support for the most vulnerable groups,” a sign that the Kremlin wants to boost spending on pensions and social security ahead of presidential elections next March.

According to experts, Vladimir Putin, who has ruled Russia for 24 years as president or prime minister, is trying to win these elections to extend his rule until at least 2030.

Continue Reading

World

Trump addresses striking auto workers, criticizes Biden and companies

Published

on

Trump addresses striking auto workers, criticizes Biden and companies

Former President Donald Trump criticized US President Joe Biden, Democrats and three major automakers over electric cars in a speech to striking automakers in suburban Detroit, Michigan on Wednesday evening.

The speech came as his Republican opponents prepared to take the stage in California for the second Republican presidential debate, according to the network.CBS News“.

Trump said it doesn’t matter whether striking auto workers get a good deal in negotiations with major automakers, because the switch to electric cars will change things.Reuters“.

Trump spoke at Drake Enterprises, a non-union auto parts manufacturer and supplier in Clinton Charter Township, Michigan, but spent considerable time outside the hall addressing another audience: members of the United Auto Workers (UAW) union. According to CBS News, who went on strike in 20 states.

Trump’s speech and his personal demonstration of support for striking workers came a day after US President Joe Biden’s “historic visit” to the union picket line.

The former president praised the work of auto workers, saying they don’t get the recognition they deserve, while some attendees waved “unions for Trump” signs, CBS News reported.

“You will build this country,” Trump told his audience. He said he stands with American auto workers who want to “make America great again” and build cars that will “go even further into the future.”

According to CBS News, he also complained that automakers were “too stupid or too gutless” to invest in electric vehicle development.

A day after Biden visited the picket line, Trump criticized Biden’s record on auto manufacturing and labor.

See also  The next generation "iPhone" works on a super chip

“Biden came right after I announced that I would be here,” Trump said, adding that the US president only spoke for “a few seconds”.

According to CBS News, Trump announced his visit to the Detroit area before Biden arrived.

He added, “Biden’s order is not a government regulation. It’s a government assassination of your jobs and your industry.”

“The auto industry is being slaughtered,” he explained. “I don’t care what you get, I don’t care what you get in the next two, three weeks, five weeks. They’re going to close. ‘Going out there. Build those cars in China and other places. It’s a successful business in Michigan and Detroit.” “But it’s not sustainable.”

Trump stressed: “I want a future that protects American workers, not foreign workers,” reported “Reuters”.

“It doesn’t make a big difference what you get, because in two years, you’re all going to be out of a job,” Trump told the workers.

Trump gestured to the non-union crowd, “I hope the UAW and other union leaders support me,” while they tend to support Democrats, according to CBS.

Trump addressed the Auto Workers Union and its leaders and said, “Sean, I support Trump,” according to the network, turning his point toward Auto Workers Union President Sean Fine.

Trump decided to skip the second televised debate for the 2024 Republican presidential candidates, preferring to travel to Michigan to work on winning over blue-collar voters during the auto workers’ strike. According to Reuters, the enemy is Biden.

The network reported,CNN“Despite being an anti-union president, Trump has more support among union members than many Republican presidential candidates.

See also  He owes $ 4 billion to Iran ... Severe energy crisis pushes Iraq into Saudi Arabia

According to National Public Radio, Trump spent 30 minutes in his speech before addressing a second Republican debate that began at the same time as his speech in California.e.g“.

He pointed to his lead in the polls and mocked his Republican rivals, saying they were vying for jobs in his future administration.

In his speech, Trump disparaged the seven Republican presidential candidates participating in the debate, saying they were “all candidates for jobs,” according to Reuters.

Trump added, “Does anyone in the group see the vice president? I don’t think so.”

Other GOP contenders “want to be secretary of something,” the former president said. Amid cheers, he added: “They don’t have a crowd like we do,” the newspaper reported.Wall Street Journal“.

According to Reuters, Trump supporters gathered outside the Reagan Library before the presidential debate.

On Tuesday, US President Joe Biden joined auto workers’ protesters in the state of Michigan to show his support for their demands for higher wages. According to the White House, the nation.

“The truth of the matter is, you saved the auto industry in 2008 and before,” Biden said, wearing a UAW (short for United Auto Workers) hat.

“You’ve made a lot of sacrifices, companies were in trouble, but now they’re in incredibly good shape, and guess what, you should be in a similar situation. .”

Attendance at the sit-in was seen as the US administration’s strongest show of support so far for union members striking against General Motors, Ford and Stellandis.

Trump’s visit, which comes a day after Biden visited Michigan, where he joined auto workers’ union pickets, indicates the former president is focusing on his former and perhaps future adversary, Biden. NPR and Reuters polls trailed him.

Michigan voters helped both Trump and Biden win the White House, Trump in 2016 and Biden in 2020, as union voters decided both won the previous elections, according to “NPR”.

Continue Reading

World

What happened to the newlyweds in the Hamdania wedding fire? | news

Published

on

What happened to the newlyweds in the Hamdania wedding fire?  |  news

A wedding hall in al-Hamdania district in northern Iraq’s Nineveh governorate turned tragic after a sudden fire left behind the harrowing stories of hundreds of victims and widespread global solidarity.

Many on social media are wondering what will happen to the newlyweds?

Many sources in Al-Hamdaniyya (Qaraqosh) say that the newlyweds survived the fire, and one of the wedding guests said in his report that the bride and groom, Haneen and Raven, are safe and sound, but their psychological condition is not good and devastated by the wedding tragedy.

Preliminary official figures indicate that 94 people died and 101 suffered burns and suffocation in the fire.

Interior Minister Abdul Amir Al-Shammari said the fire broke out at a large event hall in Al-Hamdania after fireworks were lit during a ceremony, causing the roof to burst onto the roof and collapse on the occupants.

Saath Mann, director of information and public relations at the Ministry of Home Affairs, confirmed that “nine people working at the hall have been arrested as a precautionary measure and arrest warrants have been issued against four owners of the hall”. As a result of this incident.

See also  "Once in 300 years." Scientists reveal why Libya and its neighbors have become the scene of natural disasters

Khalid al-Muhanna, the spokesman for the Iraqi Ministry of Interior, explained the reasons for the increase in the number of victims, and said that they were a lack of security measures, the use of fireworks and an excessive presence. A thousand people in the event hall. He pointed out that preliminary investigations have confirmed the lack of adequate corridors and emergency exits, apart from the construction materials failing to meet the correct specifications.

Today, Wednesday, the Security Council of Iraq’s Kurdistan Region announced that it would arrest the owner of the burning hall and hand him over to the Iraqi Ministry of Interior.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023