The allegations were made in speeches and emails released by the London Court of Appeal on Friday. The letters were issued as a result of a lawsuit filed by the Duchess of Sussex against the Associated Newspaper Limited, which publishes MailOnline and The Mail on Sunday.
The publisher is seeking to overturn a court ruling that violated the former American actress’ privacy by releasing parts of a handwritten letter she wrote to her father after she married a British prince in 2018. Last February a High Court judge ruled that the book should be published. “Too much too much.” Is obvious and therefore illegal.
In the letters, the 40 – year – old Jason Knauf, a former communications director, said he planned to write a note to a former Hollywood lighting director who had given several interviews about his daughter.
In an August 2018 text message, Markle wrote, “The motivating factor for doing this is seeing how much pain it can cause H.” Even after a week with his father [Prince Charles] Explaining the situation endlessly, his family seems to have forgotten the situation – “Can you go to him and stop this?”
“They basically don’t understand, at least by writing, H can tell his family … ‘I wrote him a letter, and he still does,” Markle continued. “By taking action like this, I am protecting my husband from this continuing accusation, although he is unlikely to pause my father for a moment.”
“Obviously everything I drafted was based on the understanding that it would leak, so I was meticulous in choosing the words,” Markle said, planning to write the letter with numbered pages and a few paragraph breaks. Possibility. Easy to handle.
Markley also discussed his decision to write a memo to Abby.
“Considering that I only called him Dad, it makes sense for him to open up like that (albeit less Dad), and if I had left it at that unfortunate event, it would have been heartbreaking,” he wrote.
The Associated Press denied Markle’s claim that no one but her father wanted to see her. Attorney Andrew Caldecott told the Court of Appeals in London that the letters between Markle and Knopf suspected that the Duchess had leaked the letter to his father, 77.
The letter was “created with the audience in mind” and the former Sets star, Mr. Caldecott said viewers would have been happy to read it if Markle had not leaked it.
In his written testimony, the Duchess said he did not believe his father would “sell or leak the letter, primarily because it would not put him in a better place.”
“Frankly, I did not want anything to be published in it, I just wanted to make sure it was misdirected or edited, exploited, minimized,” he said.
Recently, Markley apologized in court for forgetting his relationship with Knauf, in which he allowed him to speak to authors Omid Scobey and Caroline Durand from the sympathetic book Searching for Freedom about his relationship with Harry, 37.
Duchess’s lawyers have previously denied that he or Harry collaborated with the teachers. But Knauf said in court evidence that he provided information for the book and discussed it with the couple.
In a witness statement, Knauf said the book was “discussed several times directly with the Duchess, both in person and by email.” Emails published as part of Knauf’s report showed that he had emailed Harry to discuss the book and to meet with the authors.
Knauf, Harry replied, “I totally agree that we can say that it has nothing to do with us. Similarly, providing them with the appropriate context and background will help them gain some facts.
In a statement issued Wednesday, Markley admitted that “Mr. Knauf provided some information to the authors of the book and, as far as I know, did so and planned to meet with the authors as communications secretary.” “I do not know the amount of information he shared,” he added.
The Duchess said she did not remember the discussions with Knauf when she testified earlier in the case, and “I apologize in court for not remembering these exchanges at the time.”
“I have absolutely no intention or intention of misleading the accused or the court,” he said.
The Duchess’s lawyers told the Court of Appeal that if he had wanted to put his father’s letter in the public domain, finding freedom would have been a “perfect opportunity.”
Caldecott argued that Thomas had the right to publicly deny the false allegations about his relationship with Markle, who appeared with five of his closest friends in a 2019 People magazine interview.
Thomas Markle was attacked stately by the people [article]… This is his answer.
The verdict is expected later.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced in early 2020 that they were leaving their royal duties and moving to North America, citing what they described as intolerable racist incursions and attitudes by the British press. They were staying in Montecito, California with their two children.
A Buckingham Palace representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
“Coffee evangelist. Alcohol fanatic. Hardcore creator. Infuriatingly humble zombie ninja. Writer. Introvert. Music fanatic.”