Saturday, July 13, 2024

Israeli bombing of Gaza after cease-fire ends

Date:

T+ D- Normal size

On Friday, the Gaza Strip was subjected to a violent Israeli bombardment that claimed dozens of lives in a single day, ending a week-long ceasefire between Hamas and Israel, which had once again vowed to eliminate the Palestinian movement.

International calls to resume the ceasefire continue, warning of the consequences of resuming fighting on civilians in the Gaza Strip, where the humanitarian crisis is worsening.

Shells and missiles lit up the Gaza sky after evening rain, while thick clouds of black smoke rose throughout the day from several targeted areas in the besieged region.

For their part, Palestinian factions fired missiles at Israel and sounded sirens in several areas around the Gaza Strip.

The Hamas Health Ministry announced that “the death toll from the Israeli occupation from this morning to today is 178 martyrs and 589 wounded, most of them children and women.”

The Israeli military reported bombing more than 200 targets in the Strip.

A cease-fire between Hamas and Israel came into effect on November 24 at 5:00 PM GMT.

As the strikes began, thousands of residents of the Gaza Strip began returning to hospitals and schools, as Agence France-Presse reporters in the besieged area witnessed.

Israeli government spokesman Elon Levy said “Hamas will now receive a fatal blow”, accusing the movement of not handing over a new list of hostages for release. He added, “Unfortunately, Hamas decided to end the ceasefire by not releasing all the kidnapped women.”

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres expressed his “deep regret” over the resumption of fighting, “expressing his hope that the ceasefire will be renewed. The resumption of military operations shows the importance of achieving an effective humanitarian ceasefire.”

See also  Ethiopia: Renaissance Dam's fourth filling is a gift to Ethiopians.

Despite the resumption of fighting, Qatar’s foreign ministry confirmed in a statement on Friday that “negotiations between the Palestinian and Israeli sides continue with the aim of returning to a ceasefire” and called on the international community to “move quickly”. The fighting must stop.”

The White House also confirmed on Friday that the United States was continuing to work to extend the humanitarian ceasefire.

A National Security Council spokesman said, “We continue to work with Israel, Egypt and Qatar on efforts to extend the humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza.”

The seven-day ceasefire was observed after Israeli bombardment of the Gaza Strip in response to an unprecedented and bloody attack on Israeli territory by the Hamas movement on October 7.

The Israeli military estimates the number of people detained and held hostage in the Gaza Strip in the October 7 attack was around 240.

The ceasefire allowed the release of 80 Israeli hostages and 240 Palestinian prisoners. Most Thai expatriates working in Israel were released outside the framework of the cease-fire agreement.

The Israeli military announced on Friday that it had confirmed the deaths of five hostages held in the Gaza Strip, notified their families, and recovered the body of one of them in a security operation.

Hamas had earlier announced that an Israeli bombardment of Gaza had killed nearly sixty hostages.

– “Exclusion” Zones –

On Friday, the Israeli military released a map of the so-called “exit zones” in the Gaza Strip, after an international call for Gaza residents to leave, the establishment of safe zones and a US plea to refrain from killing civilians. .

See also  2,500 Israeli strikes on Gaza since October 27

The map, written in Arabic, divides the Gaza Strip into hundreds of numbered sections and is available on the Israeli military’s website.

The military said the goal of the map was to enable residents to “evacuate specific locations for their safety if necessary.”

Warnings were sent through short text messages to residents of several parts of the Gaza Strip on Friday, warning that the army would launch a crushing military offensive on your residential area on Friday.

The message urged people to take immediate action.

The Palestinian Authority, through presidential spokesman Nabil Abu Rudayna, condemned what it described as “the continuation of the crime of ethnic cleansing and genocide, and attempts to displace and dissolve the Palestinian cause.”

The Hamas government media office announced on Friday that three Palestinian journalists had been killed in Israeli strikes in the Gaza Strip.

read more:

Israeli bombing of Gaza after cease-fire ends

White House: Israel to allow aid trucks into Gaza

The Israeli army has confirmed the killing of 5 hostages in the Gaza Strip and informed their families

Egypt condemns the collapse of the ceasefire and Israel’s renewed violent bombing of the Gaza Strip

The Israeli army has confirmed the killing of 5 hostages in the Gaza Strip and informed their families

The Ministry of Health in Gaza reports that 178 Palestinians have been killed and 500 injured in Israeli bombardment since the end of the ceasefire.

Email




Rolf Colon
Rolf Colon
"Creator. Award-winning problem solver. Music evangelist. Incurable introvert."

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Embrace the Adventure: Discover Dubai’s Dune Buggy Tours

Introduction to the Dubai Dune Buggy Tour Buckle Up, Adventure...

Why Estonia is the Perfect Launchpad for Luxury Brands

The world of luxury fashion is synonymous with elegance,...

The Real Benefits of Being a VIP in the Online Casino Scene

Becoming a VIP can be a long process that...

The Evolution of Online Casino Bonuses: Trends and Future Predictions

Online casino bonuses have transformed from basic sign-up offers...